Yes! And…. Add more action to your life right now!

Why do improvisers say “Yes! And…” all the time? For decades, improvisers have been studying and practicing the best techniques for creating action from unlimited possibilities to “create something wonderful right away.” When we begin a scene we have absolutely no idea what is going to happen. We simply get a … Read More

Mistakes and Doubts

by Tommy Galan Even after 25 years of stage performance, I still feel like I screw up constantly. Being on a house team at Finest City only helps reinforce the feeling that I’m a fraud and any day now, they will figure me out. Before a recent Bicoastal show, Matt … Read More

The Pressure is on. Do you EXPLODE or SHINE?

Pressure.  We feel it every time we have an IMPORTANT meeting or a BIG presentation. These are the moments that we lose sleep over.  Our heart begins to race, our palms sweat, or minds begin racing, our legs become weak, our stomach does flips. We are like a balloon being forced … Read More

Go from fan to performer like Zach Kreinbrink

Zach in his own words In a way, I owe my obsession with all things comedy to religion. No, I didn’t have a “come to <insert deity>” moment, directing me towards the laughter or anything like that. But Dana Carvey’s Church Lady sketch from SNL, on the other hand? Pure … Read More

From the SD Improv Festival Journal of Michael Romero

My improv world exploded over the span of 4 short days. I have been doing improv for just over a year and the 2016 San Diego Improv Festival was my first festival. I took 4 workshops over the weekend and cannot wait to incorporate them into what I do on … Read More