Amy Lisewski presents at Ignite San Diego

Amy was selected as one of 18 speakers out of 80 submissions for Ignite San Diego’s fifth event.  She wrapped up the evening of talks with 5 minutes of (mostly) improvised inspiration about getting out of your comfort zone by practicing improvisation to take over the world!  

Hilarious Haunts and Funny Phantoms at FCI

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgqO2jqWEBc?rel=0&w=640&h=360] Welcome to the Midnight Society. San Diego’s spookiest players are coming together to improvise haunted tales of horror and hilarity this Saturday, October 24th at 8pm. Get your tickets now. Need time to work up the courage? Join us on Halloween night at the Lafayette Hotel’s Masquerade Ball … Read More

“IM-PROM” will be the party of the year!

Imagine if you could call a mulligan on your high school prom and do it all over again… Would you be the sexy cheerleader? The captain of the Water Polo team? Would you make your move on that hot teacher? Would you get revenge for Carrie? Whatever you want… it … Read More

The Value of Vulnerability

One of the greatest lessons I’ve learned from of improvisation is the value of vulnerability. I have always identified as a strong, fearless, and independent woman. I take charge and make things happen, and I love this about myself! Unfortunately, this attitude has sometimes made it hard for me to … Read More

Auditions!

AUDITION FOR INCUBATOR TEAMS! We want more of you to have experience performing, which will really help you grow! Also, we want to develop our next great house teams! Play with other dedicated and talented improvisers and enjoy regular shows. About the team(s): one or more teams will be … Read More

Find your way out of your rut like Valerie Maas

Finest City Improv has chosen kickass performer and house manager, Valerie Maas for our Student Spotlight. Hear her thoughts on improv, how she felt before her first level 1, and why everyone should try improv at least once. In Her Words: I am currently a level 4 student as well … Read More

Build With Us!

Since opening our doors in 2013, our community of guests, performers, and students has grown tremendously! We are now bursting at the seams and asking for your help to grow our space to provide more opportunities to play, laugh, and learn. Once we meet this first goal, we’ll be looking … Read More

A Hunger For Steak: Honesty in Improvisation

By Peggy Walkush When I was fairly new to improv, I read an interview with an experienced improviser I admired in which she said the more improv she watches, the less she laughs. Not necessarily because it isn’t funny, but because she has seen much of it before. That really … Read More