FCI believes in bringing more joy to people’s lives through improv shows, classes, and community.
As Community Experience lead at our new venue in Hillcrest, you will provide positive and effective communication with community members as well as efficient operation of the theater/store/community space. You will keep our “home” (theater/store/training center) in top running order, from ordering inventory and processing sales to generating reports, to ensuring smooth operation of events, and responding to customer needs.
Are you someone that can help us create a joyful and return-worthy experience for every customer? We’re looking for a friendly and ambitious person who wants to begin or continue a career in entertainment, retail, or event management.
- Train, coach and support other team members (part-time and volunteers)
- Manage box office and on-site sales
- Maintain and monitor store inventory (snacks, drinks, merch, etc.) and provide reports to management
- Ensure our “home” is clean, safe and presentable for customers including conducting regular reviews of it’s physical condition and ensuring any issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Greet and assist customers in person, by phone, and online
- Coordinate show and event schedules and ensuring that each goes off without a hitch
- Communicate regularly with show/team contacts about events
- Providing input and recommendations to artistic directors regarding shows and events
- Maintain our online listing of events
- Contribute to our brand and event awareness through social media before, during, and after events
- Perform administrative duties as requested (task tracking, emails, reports, etc.)
- Maintain and evaluate audiovisual equipment
- Ensure smooth transitions between events/shows
- Enforce venue policies
- Perform basic maintenance and repairs
- Discover opportunities to increase revenue and help us grow as a company
The successful candidate:
- Loves keeping things running smoothly!
- Has a “Yes! And…” attitude
- Has excellent time management skills
- Has some experience supervising others or working in retail
- Is trustworthy and reliable
- Creates and uses checklists!
- Sees a problem and jumps in to fix it
- Enjoys being an essential part of a small, dedicated team serving a large community
- Able to juggle/prioritize many tasks at once and stay focused on ensuring a fantastic customer experience
- Can be friendly with customers while maintaining professionalism
This position is full-time, Tuesdays through Saturdays at our venue in Hillcrest. Hours are mostly afternoons and evenings. Start date to be determined but no later than January 3, 2019.
- Base salary plus incentives for meeting revenue, service, and efficiency goals
- 15 days paid time off
- Health insurance plan
- Professional development
Are you looking for a fulfilling opportunity with room for growth in a super fun and meaningful business? If so, we’re looking forward to hearing from you!
- Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may also send a short video introducing yourself to us (not required)